We have over 20 years experience of growing white maize in the UK. We also grow white sweetcorn which was sold in Sainsbury’s and supplier UK based shops and customers with other exotic Afro-Caribbean farm products such as fresh groundnuts and pumpkin leaves
We work hard to provide you the best quality white maize and other exotic produce
We are at the forefront of innovation, and we are working on farming crops which are not traditionally farmed in the UK such as mustard greens, Asian gourds (dudhi), groundnuts, Kiwano melon, sweet potatoes, and White sweet corn.
Mwanaka Fresh Farm Foods is an innovator with a success track record in contributing to the UK economy:
▪ The first farmer in the UK to grow white sweetcorn and white maize.
▪ The first farmer in the UK to produce baby corn from the same maize and sweet corn plant at NO EXTRA COST
▪ The first farmer to farm the Kiwano melon in the UK.
▪ The first farmer to grow maize that is suitable for milling in the UK.
▪ The first farmer to supply Sainsbury’s supermarket and Harrod’s with white sweetcorn.
▪ The first farmer to successfully farm sweet sorghum in the UK.
Where it all began, Zimbabwe our motherland
Mwanaka Fresh Farm Foods was founded in 2002 by David and Brenda Mwanaka in Enfield.Born in Zimbabwe, David grew up eating white maize. When he came to Britain in the early 1990s, David was surprised to know that white maize was not grown or even known about. He missed eating white maize so much that he thought of growing the crop himself.
David then started carrying out trials, growing white maize. After 6 years, David was confident he could grow white maize commercially in Britain. (I will re write this section to make it flow better)